HOME ENERGY QUIZ #2
1. Which of these measures saves the most energy?
2. Which is the most important factor to consider when selecting insulation for your home?
3. In an incandescent light bulb, what percentage of the electricity consumed actually results in light?
4. What is the best way to add insulation to existing walls?
a) Add new siding
b) Remove drywall and add insulation
c) Drill holes, blow insulation, plug holes
d) Add insulation rolls, then add another layer of drywall
5. In a typical house, how much heat is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected air ducts?
ANSWERS: 1. d; 2. b; 3. c; 4. c; 5. 20%
HOW MANY DID YOU GET RIGHT?